As a National Slo-Pitch Athletic Enterprises of Canada Inc. (hereinafter called “NSA Canada”) sanctioned umpire and Association member, I agree to uphold the rules and behavior as stated in the current addition of the NSA Canada rulebook and umpire guidelines.
NSA Canada provides a sports accident and liability policy for any NSA Canada sanctioned amateur officials. This includes out of pockets sports accident and liability coverage. We feel our NSA policy provides the best coverages to our amateur officials with the Liability Policy being at 5 million per occurrence. For further details on coverage please go to the insurance information go the Insurance tab on our homepage
Please note ** There is no form of wage loss insurance associated with this insurance program**
I also understand that I am an amateur official and are not employed by NSA Canada or any sanctioned leagues or tournaments. As such I am considered an independent contractor or compensated volunteer and are responsible for any income paid to me. I am also aware and agree that I am responsible for my own WCB coverage and remittance if I wish to have coverage while umpiring.
RELEASE AND INDEMNITY
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
To NSA Canada Enterprises and its directors, officers, executives, employees, representatives, officials, and agents (collectively called the “Agents”).
I have read the guidelines, rules and behaviors issued, which I understand, and I agree to be bound by them. In consideration of your acceptance of my entry by NSA Canada or my being permitted to take part in the Umpire association and/or any activity associated therewith, I agree to: RELEASE, SAVE HARMLESS, and INDEMNIFY NSA Canada or its Agents from “Waivers of Liability for Umpiring, Sporting and Recreational Activities”, and against all claims, actions, costs and expenses and demands in respect to death, injury, loss or damage to my person or property, wheresoever and howsoever caused, arising out of, or in connection with, my taking part as a Sanctioned Umpire and notwithstanding that the same may have been contributed to or occasioned by any act or failure to act (including, without limitation, negligence) of NSA Canada or any one or more of its Agents. I further agree and by checking the box acknowledge that:
1) The rules governing the association are solely for the purpose of regulating this agreement and it remains the sole responsibility of me to act and govern myself in such a manner as to be responsible for my own safety.
2) The risk of injury from the activities involved in this program is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death. While rules, equipment, training and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of injury does exist.
3) I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation.
4) I assume the risks and waive notice of all conditions, dangers or otherwise, in or about the course of performing my accepted umpire assignments. I agree that this Release shall bind my heirs, executors, administrators, and assignees. I have read this Release and understand it.
Website and Social Media Agreement
All content on this website are the property of NSA Canada unless owned by a third party, and are protected by Canadian and international copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property laws.
In using the Site, including all Services and Materials available through it, you agree:
not to disrupt or interfere with any other user’s enjoyment of the Site or affiliated or linked sites;
not to upload, post, or otherwise transmit through the Site any viruses or other harmful, disruptive, or destructive files;
not to create a false identity;
not to use or attempt to use another’s account, password, service, or system without authorization from NSA Canada;
not to access or attempt to access any Design Content which you are not authorized to access;
not to disrupt or interfere with the security of, or otherwise cause harm to, the Site, or any Services, Materials, system resources, accounts, passwords, servers, or networks connected to or accessible through the Site or any affiliated or linked sites.
Any articles, artwork, screen shots, graphics, logos, digital downloads and other files, may not be used in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers, clients or members, in any manner that disparages or discredits NSA Canada, or in any manner that is otherwise exploitative for any commercial purpose or that otherwise infringes on NSA Canada’ intellectual property rights.
Personal information and privacy
This policy was updated on November 24, 2020
Agree to Terms by checking all boxes above
NSA Umpires Association
Code of Conduct 2021
1. To make sure that every participant has an equal opportunity to enjoy the game and is given an equal chance to perform to the best of their ability, within the limits of the rules.
2. To not permit, support, or participate in any kind of intimidation to any participant or spectator either by words or by action. I will conduct myself in a manner that does not tolerate or excuse unacceptable conduct toward myself, other officials, participants, spectators, venue staff or NSA Canada personnel.
3. To be responsible to end any situation that threatens the safety of the participants or spectators.
4. To strive to create and maintain a healthy atmosphere and environment for competition for all participants.
5. To be consistent and objective in calling all infractions, regardless of my personal feelings toward a team or individual athlete. To handle all conflicts firmly but with dignity.
6. To remain open to constructive criticism and show respect and consideration for different points of view. I will be open to discussion and contact with the athletes before and after the game.
7. To obtain proper annual training, attend available clinics, and to read the rule book routinely.
8. To act in a professional and constructive manner and use sound judgement before posting on social media while representing NSAUA and/or NSA Canada. To be polite and respectful of any individual opinion, especially when discussions become heated. To be respectful of all individuals and communities that I interact with on social media while protecting the NSAUA and/or NSA Canada brands.
9. To arrive at my game sober and with a clear mind. I will not become intoxicated from any substance while I am still performing my responsibilities as an umpire and while I am in my umpire uniform.
10. To always act professional and do my best to protect both the NSA Umpires Association and NSA Canada in whole.
Agree to Terms by checking all boxes above